Monday, March 3, 2008

off to Loma Linda!

and so begins the crazy kim seidl spring 2008 tour of planes , automobiles and.. chickenbuses.



i am super excited to be hitting the road, even if it is just to loma linda (my apologies to those of you who love it and call it home..) i've been wanting to go this conference for nearly a decade now. it's only held every other year, and it was always so danged far away from the east coast where i was a starving student for so many years. vegetarianism is what initially inspired me to go back to school to get my masters in nutrition (didn't know i had brains in addition to my extremely good looks and my kung-fu photography skills now did you?).

much of the pleasure center of my brain is made up of parts that like geeky science things, creativity & problem solving and the desire to make people happy. i love it when the these come together. it may not be an obvious connection, but to me, photography and nutrition have these things in common and make me happy for similar reasons. food is such powerful medicine, and i love helping people make healthy lifestyle changes. i've been so fortunate to be able to do this in the past through working in hospitals, clinics and even help run research studies.

while i'm not sure what kind of nutrition game i have left in me these days, this conference will help me get me back on top of it- even if only for a bit. i'll be catching up with all the latest and greatest nutrition research from speakers that i admire, as well as catching up with old colleagues and friends i haven't seen in awhile. you know that i'm a serious geek when i say i'm more excited to catch a glimpse of the leading vegetarian diet and heart disease researcher than i would be to run into brad pitt.

there may even be a jaunt out to joshua tree to snap some photos of a desert that i'm hoping is in bloom. you wouldn't really think i'd go out there without my camera, would you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geeks are cool...